If you are interested in any of these books, you can purchase them from Amazon Smile and Support Emmanuel Lutheran School PTL! Login to your Amazon Account and search for “Emmanuel Lutehran School - PTL.”
- Any Mo Willems Books
His characters, Pigeon, Gerald the Elephant and Piggie are hilarious and crowd pleasers. All of his books are are interactive with the reader.
- If You Ever Want to Bring A … Don’t! Series by Elise Parsley
- Chalk by Bill Thomson
This book without words is so detailed that your attention is drawn in from the first page. It tells a story of three children who find a bag of chalk on the playground and their drawings come to life!
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Follow the unhappy tale of the unlucky Baudelaire siblings
- Skippyjon Jones (series) by Judy Schachner
A cat who thinks he’s a dog with a spanish accent. Any time he enters his closet, it takes him on a new adventure.
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- The Ramona Collection by Beverly Cleary
Follow Ramona from pre-school to elementary school as she gets herself caught in many sticky situations through her curious and spunky spirit.
- I Want My Hat Back, This is Not My Hat, We Found A Hat - a three-part book series by Jon Klassen
- Pete the Cat (series) by James Dean
Follow Pete as he rocks out and finds the positivity in any situation
- The Paperbag Princess by Robert Munsch
Follow Princess Elizabeth as she tries to rescues the snooty and ungrateful Prince Ronald from a terrible dragon.
- Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osborne
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Readers of any age will fall in love with Harry as he discovers he is a wizard in a non-wizard world and becomes a name that every child will know.
- The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak
No matter what the book says, the reader MUST read it out loud. Be sure not to take a peek at this book before reading it for the first time.
- Dragons Love Tacos & Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel by Adam Rubin
- The Pout Pout Fish (series) by Deborah Diesen
- Wonder & We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
Discover the importance of choosing kind to everyone you meet
- Pig the Pug (series) by Aaron Blabey
Follow a pug named Pig who is greedy and selfish and always learns life lessons the hard way.
- Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors by Drew Daywalt
A game that has been passed down from kid to kid, but how did it start? Find out the legend and how the popular game came to be!
- I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
A perfect read for the end of the year as you send your kids off to the next grade!
Beth’s Top Five Favorite Authors:
To read a list of more recommended books, follow this link.
Beth Coggins is a First Grade Teacher at North Canton Elementary School in Canton, NC.