NEW Student Application (K8)
Please contact our director of admissions, Emily Leatherwood, for Kindergarten enrollment before applying.
- To apply you will need to Create An Account (this must be filled out for all new students.) Our school code is em-nc. You are welcome to fill out an application for admission at any time.
- There is a $75 non-refundable application and testing fee.
- We require the following supplemental documents that you will upload in the application:
- Copy of Current Report Card (Grades 1-8)
- Copy of Current Test Scores (Grades 1-8)
Here are a few things to know:
- A campus tour and testing will be set up by our Director of Admissions, Emily Leatherwood, once your application has been received.
- A non-refundable enrollment fee of $300.00 per student is required upon acceptance if enrolled by March 1, 2022. Enrollment fee after March 1, 2022 is $350 per student.
Current Families (K8)
New Student Application Instructions
- Log into your FACTS Family Portal account
- Go to the tab "Apply/Enroll" in the left menu
- Click on "Application."
- Click on "Create a New Application"
- Once completed you will be notified by our Director of Admissions, Emily Leatherwood.
FINANCIAL AID OPTIONS
NC Opportunity Scholarship
All financial aid applicants must apply for the NC Opportunity Scholarship before applying for ELS financial aid. Your child does not need to be enrolled at ELS to apply for this scholarship. Qualifying families can be awarded up to $6,168 per student.
Household Income Eligibility Guidelines
Gross Income for 2021
|# in Household
|| To receive up to $6,168 of tuition
|| To receive 90% of tuition*
* The Opportunity Scholarship will be for 90% of the required
tuition and fees or $6,168, whichever is less.
NC ESA + Grant
(Formerly Disability & ESA Grant)
The NC ESA + Grant is a scholarship is for students who are dealing with specific disabilities. This grant is through the state of North Carolina.
ELS Financial Aid
Process of applying for financial aid.
We offer financial aid through ELS in addition to what you may receive from NC Opportunity Scholarship and also for those families who do not qualify for the NC Opportunity Scholarship. You will need to create an account to apply for financial aid as this is different from your family portal account. You must be enrolled at ELS to apply for this aid.
Please read our
Financial Aid Policy
before applying for aid.
ELS Dress Code
We require all students to wear approved clothing from either Read's Uniforms or Land's End.
Please note some important details regarding approved wear:
- All polo shirts must have the school logo on them. Please read our School Dress Code before purchasing items.
- Grades 5 - 8 require a physical education uniform which can be found on the Land's End site and is listed as the "essential tee" and "mesh gym shorts or mesh athletic gym shorts." Please see requirements in the School Dress Code. Other clothing articles are not permitted.
- Only ELS approved jackets,sweaters,hoodies are allowed to be worn in the classroom. Students will be asked to remove any non-uniform outer garments in the classroom.
- Every Friday is jeans (blue or black only) and ELS spirit shirt day. Jeans with holes, rips or tears are prohibited. Students may wear approved school bottoms in place of jeans if they wish.
Shop Read's Uniforms here.
Our school code is "ELSNC"
ELS Spirit Wear Online Store
Shop Land's End here.
Our school code is 900137514.