Navigating the waters of choosing post-ELS education can be challenging, but we are here to help. We are delighted to offer suggestions based on the specific needs we have grown to know about your child and their educational needs. After all, we are the Emmanuel family, and we desire success for one of our own!
At Emmanuel Lutheran School, one of our goals is to help make the transition from middle school to high school as easy as possible. Although we do not currently offer a high school option, there are many fantastic high schools in the surrounding area that would serve as great places to continue your student’s education. We strive to get you the information you need to make the best decision for your family.
If you would like assistance in exploring educational options beyond ELS, please contact our office. We are always looking to provide our families with the resources needed to continue their education process.
Asheville Area High School Preparatory Primer
Asheville City High Schools
Asheville Area Charter High Schools
Asheville Area Private High Schools
Buncombe County Public High Schools
- Buncombe County Early College
- Buncombe County Early College is changing the future – for students who will graduate well-prepared and for a state that needs a well-educated workforce like never before. This small, innovative school sets expectations high for all students, including those often left underserved, with an accelerated approach that blends high school with the first two years of college. Students have the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and an associate’s degree or two years of transferable college credit – all at no cost to their families.
- Buncombe County Middle College
- Buncombe County has some of the highest achieving public schools and the best community college in North Carolina. Buncombe County Schools is dedicated to meeting the needs of all students, including those who benefit from alternatives to traditional education. Some students’ needs are not met in a traditional high school setting. Middle College is one more option for students seeking an alternative to Buncombe County’s already excellent system of schools.
- Middle College enrolls new students at the beginning of each semester. If you would like more information about Middle College or are interested in enrollment, please complete the following short survey so that they may contact you.
- Community High School
- Located in the heart of the beautiful Swannanoa Valley, Community High School is a public alternative 9-12 high school. CHS serves all six Buncombe County School districts. By offering a reduced-credit diploma, CHS empowers students to reach their academic goals with an alternative pathway to graduation.
- The name “Community” says it best: Small class sizes, excellent teacher-student ratios, rich community partnerships, and flexible yet rigorous instruction create a nurturing learning environment that supports students’ needs and prepares them for both academic and personal success.
- Enka High School
- Erwin High School
- Nesbitt Discovery Academy
- Must reside in one of the six Buncombe County school districts.
Focus is on science, technology, engineering and math.
- North Buncombe High School
- Owen High School
- Reynolds High School
- Roberson High School
- Haywood Early College
- Each classroom at Haywood Early College has its own style and student agency plays an important role in that. Our faculty personalizes learning for each student through proven best practices and working with varied student learning styles. Blended learning and flex learning are broadly used in math classes. English students focus on complex texts, discussing those texts through seminar, and producing strong, analytical essays. History students build their understanding of the curriculum through practical engagement. Their understanding of historical events is shaped through reliance on primary sources as the main text, using secondary sources to buttress their knowledge. Our science classes focus on hands-on learning with an emphasis on labs and collaboration projects.