Summer Rocks! 2017
Welcome to Summer Rocks at Emmanuel Lutheran School! This year we will be offering camps for students in Preschool through rising 6th grade. In our program your child can explore a wide variety of areas. Please read the program listings carefully to find out more about each camp.
All programs are held Monday through Friday. A snack is served each day, anda hot lunch is offered for children attending after 12:00 for $2.00 per child per day. Please note that there is no camp on Monday July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
The Little Tikes program is for Infant thru rising Kindergartners. Our infant and toddler program is a predominantly full day program. For our two-year-olds through rising kindergartners we offer a choice of half or full day options. Please speak with the Director regarding these and other options.
Our Explorers Program, for rising Kindergarten thru rising 6th grade students, offers a choice of half day or full day, with lots of flexible options. Arts and crafts, swimming, and other fun activities round out the afternoon for our full-day campers.
Emmanuel Under the Lights, for rising 6th thru 12th grade, is a partial-day camp. Please read carefully to determine camp hours. It all culminates with two fantastic drama camp performances.
Space is limited, so don’t delay! Please note that a non-refundable $50.00 registration fee and four signatures are required for the application to be complete and to reserve your child’s spot. This fee is applied to the cost of the camps. Also, please feel free to call us at 281-8182 with any questions you may have about any of our programs.
Wishing you a safe and fun-filled summer!
Summer Programs Director
- Please read all registration information carefully before completing the Summer Programs Application.
- One application must be completed for each participant.
- A non-refundable $50.00 registration fee and four signatures are required for the application to be complete. This fee is subsequently applied to the cost of the camps. The balance of the Camp Fee is due one week prior to the beginning of the camp session.
- Payment must be made in the form of cash or check.
- Current Tuition Express (TE) families need to contact the main office (281-8182) if you want to continue with TE for the summer.
- A 10% discount is extended to the camp fees of siblings. Inquire about details and limitations.
- No sibling discount on camps noted in brochure due to contractors’ restrictions.
- No tuition-free days are allowed (i.e. sick days, vacation days, etc.).
- If a camp is cancelled due to low interest, a refund will be issued.
- Once you sign up for a camp and you want to drop or switch to another camp, you must present a written request (SEE FORM BELOW) to the camp director or front desk two weeks in advance. Failure to provide written request at least two weeks in advance will result in required payment due for the full amount.
- Field Trips subject to change based on availability.
- For all field trip camps it is required that each child bring a snack, lunch, and drink since the schedules will vary.
- Please check with the camp counselors the morning of each field trip for an estimated time of arrival back at ELS.
For Infants to rising Kindergarten
Nine 1-week sessions • June 12th - August 11th
Note: Due to the July 4th holiday, Session 4 will be prorated (80%) to offset the shorter week. A snack and hot lunch are included.
Little Tikes are placed in classes that are age-appropriate and fun, but most importantly, comfortable for the young child. Our experienced, Early Childhood educators really love children. Each day offers arts, crafts, songs and movement, story time, and loads of fun. Special instructors will bring even more excitement and learning to a terrific summer. As this program is nearly always at capacity, be sure to check for availability as early as possible.
For rising Kindergarten to 6th Graders
Nine 1-week sessions June 12th - August 11th
We offer two camp choices each week. You can also choose to attend for half day only, or stay all day. Because you only pay for the weeks you attend, this setup is very parent-friendly.
If you choose to attend Camp only, the hours are 9:00-noon unless otherwise stated. For those needing to drop off their children earlier, we offer care from 7:30-5:30; snacks and hot lunches are included. In the afternoons, the children will have fun with arts, crafts, games, and extended learning activities. On Fridays the children will enjoy water day fun on campus, and on the last Friday of each month the children will be bussed to a local pool.
SUMMER ROCKS 2017
Emmanuel Under The Lights Drama Camp
For Rising 6th thru 12th Grade
A Two-Week Session: July 24-August 4
Camp only – No Extended Day Available; Lunch included
8:30am – 2:00pm
Emmanuel Lutheran will produce our version of
“Peter Pan, Jr.”
Based on a play by Sir J.M. Barrie Lyrics by Carolyn Leigh Music by Morris “Moose” Charlap Additional Lyrics by Betty Comden, Adolph Green, Jule Styne. Originally choreographed and adapted by Jerome Robbins.
Peter Pan JR.Is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
This is the opportunity for your young actor or actress to star in a live performance! Director Chris Martin will take the students from auditions all the way through the actual performance. Singing, dancing, acting, and stage development are skills that will be developed over this intense, but fun-filled, two-week camp. Each camper will receive a drama camp T-shirt, which is included in the camp price.
Mr. Martin has directed the last eight shows for ELS including: “High School Musical,” “Willy Wonka,” “Dear Edwina,” “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown,” “Wizard of Oz,” “Aladdin,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Annie,” and "Into the Woods," as well as musical productions at Asheville Community Theatre and Jones Elementary.
Auditions for this production will be May 30th and 31st from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. in our gymnasium.
*Performances will take place Friday, August 4th at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 5th at 2:00 p.m. Please call 281-8182 extension 133 for more information.